Final Draft of Screenplay

Written in Freescreenwriting.com

INT. CLASSROOM - DAY
A pen scrawls on paper. We move up to a girl (CASSIE). She is small and mousy, not seeming to fill the space she exists in. She sits pulled into herself, arm cramped into her side as she writes.
She pauses, and looks out to the side, caught by something unseen. From her perspective, a shadow slips out through the window of the door.
Looking through the window, she gets up, moves towards the door. Steps into an empty corridor and looks around. There's nothing, not even a sound. Pulling out a notebook, she scribbles something down. She reenters the classroom, a quick apology. We stay in the corridor, empty and quiet.
INT. KITCHEN - DAY
Cassie pulls out a huge chest, covered with dust. A thick padlock weighs it down. She places a key into the lock, and is about to turn it, when she pauses.
On the wall, a photograph of her, SALLY (17) and a third girl, TALIA (17). They look happy, the dictionary definition of close friends. Cassie stares at it, frozen.
She looks back at the lock.
CASSIE
(whispers)
I'm sorry.
She turns the key.
INT. SCHOOL CORRIDOR - DAY
The corridor is empty apart from one lone person, Cassie. She drifts through the corridor, head held down.
Again, a shadow drifts out of view. Cassie looks, exhilaration pure upon her face. This is it, this is her chance.
She races down the corridor. It's empty, again, but this doesn't deter her.
CASSIE
I know you can hear me. I just want to talk, okay? Just let me talk to you.

2.
Silence.
CASSIE
I can help you. We can be friends, if you'd like.
Still silence. Cassie slumps. Looking around the corridor again, there's nothing. Cassie turns and leaves. Behind her, the faintest glimpse of a shadow emerges.
INT. KITCHEN - DAY
An eclectic range of spices are laid out on the table, one by one. Salt, rosemary, thyme, A post it note is pressed to each spice, each one labelling a distinct use, "to help stabilise" and "stronger connection" just some.
Cassie stands back and looks at her collection. Behind her on the wall, is the photograph.
Cassie takes the photo. A tear falls onto the page, streaking down her pictured face.
The photo falls into the bin, Cassie's smiling face staring up into the air.
The spices are placed, one by one, into Cassie's bag.
INT. SCHOOL CORRIDOR - DAY
Cassie stands by her locker, pulling books into her bag.
A hand flashes out grabbing her wrist. It's the girl, SALLY (17) from the photograph.
SALLY
What is this, Cassie?
SALLY points into her open bag, at the collection of odd spices and books. Cassie hurriedly zips it up and pulls it behind her.
CASSIE
It's nothing. Please, just ignore it.
Sally's grip holds tighter, digging into Cassie's wrist.
SALLY
Don't do this. Please, not after last time.

3.
CASSIE
It won't be like before. And don't worry, I'm doing this alone.
Sally lets go of her wrist and stands back.
SALLY
You know that's not what I meant. Just... please stop. For her, if anyone.
Cassie looks down. She pulls her jacket tighter around her.
CASSIE
I can't, whoever they are they need my help. I can't just leave them.
Sally sighs.
SALLY
Of course you can't. You never could.
She leaves. Cassie is left standing by her bag forlornly.
INT. SCHOOL CORRIDOR - NIGHT
Empty, once more. Except for Cassie. Her spices and books are strewn out around her. Candles illuminate the dark space, flaring into life with the soft click of a lighter.
Cassie sits in the centre of her debris. She waits.
A candle blows itself out. Cassie's eyes snap to the movement. A shadow passes by.
Cassie jumps into action. She places some salt and rosemary in a bowl on the floor, whispering softly as she goes.
The shadow grows in intensity. The candles flicker against a growing wind.
Everything stills. A smile grows on Cassie's face.
And then all the candles blow out as one.
And then they relight.
Standing in front of Cassie is the girl from the picture, Talia.
The girl that died.

4.
Her clothes are matted and dirtied, blood splattered across them. Mascara runs down her face, black tear tracks etched along her face. A knife is gripped in her hand, knuckles white. Her eyes flash in righteous anger.
Her presence fills the room, body held tightly in rage. In one swift movement, she flits up to Cassie's face.
TALIA
You! You did this to me!
Cassie scrambles backwards, hyperventilating.
CASSIE
I'm sorry, I didn't know it was you, I'm so sorry.
TALIA
Are you really? Now you say you're sorry?
Talia stands tall and defiant, over Cassie, who is sobbing on the floor.
CASSIE
I'm sorry... I'm sorry..
TALIA
No you're not! I died, and you still won't stop.
She storms towards Cassie, anger in every motion. The knife rests against Cassie neck, gripped tightly in Talia. A tear drips down her cheek.
TALIA
I should repay you, a life for a life. You never cared about real life, always about your precious ghosts. Fine. I'll give you what you wanted.
Lightning flashes outside.
The room is dark, all candles dead and cold.
Cassie's glassy eyes stare up at the ceiling. In the corner a shadow moves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Ideas